BIO Toolkit for ASAP
The BIO Toolkit™ for use with ASAP® Optical Software is a set of interactive and example scripts for modeling light propagation and scattering in biological systems. The Toolkit is the only simulation tool available to model light/tissue interactions in human skin at user-defined wavelengths, and to model light propagation in accurate, monocular or binocular human eye models.
Advanced Human Eye Model™ (AHEM™): a flexible eye-model creation system utilizing interactive menus (includes numerous user-defined settings, as well as cloning and positioning tools). Users may customize parameters to build monocular or binocular models, complete with detailed geometry, such as a gradient-index natural lens or a user-designed intraocular lens, and contact or spectacle lenses with realistic optical properties.
Realistic Skin Model™ (RSM™): a flexible skin-phantom creation system utilizing interactive menus to simplify the modeling process (includes hair, blood vessels, and dermal papillae modeling). Users may select a wavelength between 250 and 1000nm and use stored data to model tissue. Alternatively, users may input their own measured data to build custom models.
Biological system models, such as surfaces rendered using CT or MRI scans, often consist of thousands of optically-significant objects. Therefore, the BIO Toolkit is paired with ASAP, which has the CAD interoperability and advanced ray-tracing features to import, analyze, and resolve fine detail in biological systems. Interoperable with SolidWorks®, Rhinoceros®, and other CAD packages, ASAP and the BIO Toolkit represent the world's most sophisticated software package for modeling bio-optical systems.
BIO Toolkit Features
- Advanced Human Eye Model (AHEM): a flexible eye-model creation system utilizing interactive menus (includes numerous user-defined settings, as well as cloning and positioning tools)
- Realistic Skin Model (RSM): a flexible skin-phantom creation system utilizing interactive menus to simplify the modeling process (includes hair, blood vessels, and dermal papillae modeling)
- Tissue Generator: a slab tissue model creation script utilizing interactive menus for easy input of optical properties
- Model complex biological system geometry relevant to bio-optics simulations, such as the human bladder and chest wall
- Model fluorescence within biological systems, including scaling for quantum efficiency and scatter effects of surrounding structure
- Model biological structures within optical device designs representing complete virtual prototyping solutions
- Model light-tissue interactions for research purposes such as photo-dynamic therapy efficacy
CATIA Module for ASAP
The CATIA Module allows ASAP users to open native CATIA® V5 files from within ASAP. CATIA users can count on accurate, seamless geometry transitions into ASAP.
CATIA Module Features
- Open native CAA V5 CATIA files from the program by Dassault Systemes
ELTM for ASAP
The Exterior Lighting Test Module (ELTM) automates the task of SAE, FMVSS and ECE test compliance for automotive lighting designers. The ELTM also supports and stores user-defined tests, walks users through the setup process, and presents a pass/fail indicator for each test point.
- ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) lighting tests
- FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) lighting tests
- SAE Ground Vehicle Lighting Standards tests (SAE HS-34 Manual)
- Use pass/fail indicators for predefined or user-defined lighting tests
REMOTE for ASAP
Numerous REMOTE enhancements are available in the ASAP 2009 V1R1 release, including the option to purchase additional REMOTE session licenses. REMOTE session licenses are used for distributed processing on multiple cores, processors, and networked computers.
All editions of ASAP come with 5 REMOTE session licenses that can be used in concert with two local ASAP sessions. Each REMOTE session license can be assigned to perform tasks on a particular core of a particular processor. With the new improvements in ASAP 2009, you may now assign REMOTE sessions to all available cores on your local machine.
Additional REMOTE session licenses may be purchased in increments of 1, 5, 10, 15, 25, 50, and 100 licenses. Contact your ASAP Sales Representative for pricing.
- Initialize, monitor, and retrieve data from REMOTE sessions
- Control how REMOTE sessions are configured on available cores, processors, and computers
- Trace more rays, run tolerancing studies, evaluate multiple designs simultaneously
- Imagine the power of an additional 5, 25, or even 100 computers added to your workflow
SolidWorks 3D Modeling Engine
Customers in need of CAD software solutions may purchase a license of SolidWorks 3D CAD software to complement their ASAP optical software solution. Multiple configurations of SolidWorks Parts, Assemblies, and Drawings are available. SolidWorks is an intuitive 3D-design environment optimized for use with ASAP. Write ASAP geometry files from within SolidWorks, import XML files, or use BRO's proprietary smartIGES™ system to import system models from SolidWorks and other CAD packages while maintaining fast, efficient ray-tracing speed.
- Model optical components and systems in the industry-standard SolidWorks® 3D CAD software (license optional)
- Choose your own SolidWorks configuration: Parts Only, Parts & Assemblies, or Parts, Assemblies & Drawings
- Assign object and layer names in SolidWorks prior to analysis in ASAP
- Export ASAP geometry files from within SolidWorks
Pricing and Platform Information
Please use the ASAP Web Quote Form to help us understand your optical software needs. Our Technical Sales Team will respond promptly.